FAILSAFE MODE IS ON - ENGINE IDLE IS SURGING UNPREDICTABLY

2005 Ford Freestyle

jprice1963@gmail.com

July, 7, 2012 AT 9:39 PM

I have a 2005 Ford Freestyle Limited (not an all wheel drive) that just went into Failsafe Mode and limped home not wanting to go over 30-40 mph tops. For the past couple of weeks the car has been lunging very randomly with my foot on the brake - a little scary. "Wrench" idiot light is now on as well. Thoughts? Air conditioning was being used at the time pretty much to the max. Temp gauge is fine.
I am traveling with kids OUT OF TOWN and it is past time on Saturdays for dealership service depts. To be open. Can a local garage handle this and whats parts are needed and/or even going to be available to fix it until a dealership parts dept. Is back open again?

93 F150 Hesitates/surges

Engine Surging

July, 7, 2012 AT 9:53 PM

What you need to do here is have the computer scanned for code/s and get back with us if any present this is the starting point of diagnosis

zipper72

October, 24, 2012 AT 7:35 PM

I also own a 2005 Ford Freestyle limited AWD and experienced the same con cern about 2 yrs. Ago. End result was the instrument cluster needed to be replaced.

zipper72

October, 24, 2012 AT 7:41 PM

Gas pedal assembly was also replaced at the same time. Which part fixed the concern. I can't remember, good luck