Failsafe Mode is on engine idle is surging unpredictably

JPRICE1963@GMAIL.COM
  • 2005 FORD FREESTYLE
  • 95 MILES

I have a 2005 Ford Freestyle Limited (not an all wheel drive) that just went into Failsafe Mode and limped home not wanting to go over 30-40 mph tops. For the past couple of weeks the car has been lunging very randomly with my foot on the brake - a little scary. "Wrench" idiot light is now on as well. Thoughts? Air conditioning was being used at the time pretty much to the max. Temp gauge is fine.
I am traveling with kids OUT OF TOWN and it is past time on Saturdays for dealership service depts. To be open. Can a local garage handle this and whats parts are needed and/or even going to be available to fix it until a dealership parts dept. Is back open again?

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 9:39 PM

What you need to do here is have the computer scanned for code/s and get back with us if any present this is the starting point of diagnosis

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 9:53 PM
ZIPPER72

I also own a 2005 Ford Freestyle limited AWD and experienced the same con cern about 2 yrs. Ago. End result was the instrument cluster needed to be replaced.

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 7:35 PM
ZIPPER72

Gas pedal assembly was also replaced at the same time. Which part fixed the concern. I can't remember, good luck

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 7:41 PM