Removal And Installation
WARNING: Do not smoke or carry lighted tobacco or open flame of any type when working on or near fuel related components. Highly flammable mixtures are
always present and may be ignited. Failure to follow these instructions can result in personal injury.
WARNING: Fuel in the fuel system remains under high pressure even when the engine is not running. Before working on or disconnecting any of the fuel lines or
fuel system components, the fuel system pressure must be relieved. Failure to follow these instructions can result in personal injury.
1. Release the fuel pressure. For additional information, refer to FUEL SYSTEM GENERAL INFORMATION .
2. Disconnect the battery ground cable. For additional information, refer to BATTERY, MOUNTING AND CABLES .
3. Remove the fuel charging wiring harness. For additional information, refer to FUEL CHARGING WIRING HARNESS.
4. Disconnect the fuel pressure and temperature sensor vacuum connector.
5. Remove the fuel tube retaining clip.
6. Disconnect the tube spring lock coupling. For additional information, refer to FUEL SYSTEM GENERAL INFORMATION .
7. Remove the fuel injection supply manifold bolts.
? To install, tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb in).
8. Remove the fuel injection supply manifold.
9. Remove the fuel injector clips.
10. Remove the fuel injectors.
CAUTION: Use O ring seals that are made of special fuel resistant material. Use of ordinary O rings can cause the fuel system to leak. Do not reuse the O ring
Fig. 5: Locating Fuel Injector O Ring Seals
Courtesy of FORD MOTOR CO.
11. Remove and discard the fuel injector O ring seals.
12. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
? Lubricate the new O ring seals with clean engine oil before installing
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 11:42 PM