I HEAR A HIGHPITCHED WHISTLE COMING FROM RIGHT ...

2005 Ford Freestar

rebekahgilbert

March, 5, 2013 AT 2:35 PM

I hear a high-pitched whistle coming from RIGHT FRONT wheel. The noise is intermittent (which has made it impossible for mechanics to diagnose). The noise goes away when the steering wheel is pulled to the LEFT or when the brakes are applied firmly. It returns immediately after I stop any of these actions. It seems like the duration of the noise has gotten longer with time.
Other info: bought the car used; all brakes and rotors are new.
Thanks!
Rebekah

Jacobandnickolas

March, 5, 2013 AT 3:17 PM

Do you hear the noise when the vehicle is stopped? Does the noise get worse when you turn right? Has anyone checked to see if the brake sensors are bent and touching the rotors?

rebekahgilbert

March, 9, 2013 AT 1:03 AM

Thanks for your reply.
I don't hear it when the car is stopped. Bearing right doesn't have any effect. I have not had anyone check the brake sensors, but brakes are new on all four wheels.

rebekahgilbert

March, 9, 2013 AT 1:08 AM

Also, the duration of the noise has gotten longer over the past 1.5 years. Replacing the breaks had no effect.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 9, 2013 AT 2:34 AM

If the brakes had no affect, then I feel you have a problem with a wheel bearing. Have you had them checked?

rebekahgilbert

March, 10, 2013 AT 3:07 PM

Have not checked the wheel bearing. Does it just need lubrication? Is this something that my husband and I can do, or do I need to take it to a shop?

Jacobandnickolas

March, 10, 2013 AT 6:50 PM

They are sealed bearings. When they go bad, they get replaced.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX
Replace Tie Rod End