DRIVER SIDE AIR BAG SWITCH

2005 Ford Focus

RYOUNG92880

October, 2, 2011 AT 5:11 PM

I switched seats in my ford focus and know need to jump the plug under the driver's seat for the air bags, I tried putting the 2 yellows together, but it still does not turn on the air bag.

saturntech9

October, 2, 2011 AT 10:52 PM

Why did you switch the drivers and passenger seats?Its not safe what you did is the airbag light on solid on the cluster?I dont recomend jumping or extending the air bag wires like your trying to do. That passenger presence seat is ment to be installed on passenger front seat for safety reasons. So if a small child etc is sitting there the passenger air bag will be disabled. So I cant give you info on how to change that safety feauture for safety reasons. Sorry about that I can help try to fix the reason you might have swaped the seat though.

RYOUNG92880

October, 2, 2011 AT 11:04 PM

Where in my question does it say I switched the driver's and passenger seat? So let me rephrase this, I replaced the drivers seat and the plug under the seat does not match. I was told you can jump the two yellow wires, but I dont know wether you need to include the grey or grey and red wire with it.

saturntech9

October, 2, 2011 AT 11:15 PM

Alright sorry about that so let me get this straight you changed the drivers seat and the plug for the air bag sensor doesnt match up and you want to jump the connector to by pass the sensor on the drivers seat?If that is correct then again I cant give out info on how to bypass air bag compontents. That would fall into a safety issue.

RYOUNG92880

October, 3, 2011 AT 12:00 AM

Yes this is correct, the plug does plug in but the air bag light on the dash stays on, so this is what i'm trying to fix.

saturntech9

October, 3, 2011 AT 12:09 AM

What year model etc is your donor seat out of that you put in?Also just jumping the connector wont shut the light off the air bag computer looks for a resistance value data etc and if doesnt see what it needs to see the light will come on and the air bag will be disabled.

RYOUNG92880

October, 3, 2011 AT 12:15 AM

2001 ford focus(donor) 2005 ford focus(mine)

saturntech9

October, 3, 2011 AT 5:15 PM

What are the exact colors of the wires going to the plug on that new seat?Like the solid color then the stripe color etc?