Could you tell me were the fuel pump driver.

ANONYMOUS
  • 2005 FORD FOCUS
Could you tell me were the fuel pump driver module is located at and show me a diagram of it. And would this cause your car to act like it got a short causing the lights to go from dim to bright
Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 AT 4:10 PM

I'm not sure I understand? Are you saying the dimmer switch switches from bright to dim by itself? Are you talking about daytime running lamps? I have seen a faulty battery and or cable cause the headlamp intensity to brighten and dim. Any faulty electrical circuit might cause that. I can't say for sure, one way or the other, that your fuel pump module is the problem? Give me a minute, I'll find the diagram.

Any applicable trouble codes? Has any work been done on the vehicle lately?
Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 AT 5:33 PM
I looked at the wiring, there is about a dozen focus listed for that model year, not sure which focus you have? I looked at ZX3 S focus.
Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 AT 5:42 PM
My bad, hit the wrong button. Diagram. There is also the fuel pump relay, couldn't get that in the same picture.
Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 AT 5:44 PM
NITEKRIER57
  • 2001 FORD FOCUS
My engine light stays on most of the time while driving down the freeway though sometimes it blinks on and off.I had it tested to find out what the problem is and it came back code P1237 a Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit problem (Fuel Pump Driver Module) I can not find this in my book. My question is where is the fuel pump driver module and what does it look like?
Thursday, January 17th, 2019 AT 6:41 PM (Merged)
See attached pic bu tthat may not be the problem.
+2
NITEKRIER57
Thanks guys this is exactly the info I needed.
JENNJENN328
  • 2001 FORD FOCUS
So I posted here last week about my car. As it turned out tge fuel pump had to be changed so I had a friend change it. Today I filled my car up and noticed the smell of gas after driving it. I looked and there was dripping.
When the car was below half a tank it didnt do this so my main question could something be loose? Or is it something big? If it didnt leak below halfway would it be safe to drive it if I kept it below it till I can get it fixed on my next day off?
You can drive it like that but don't smoke near it. On a lot of cars the fuel pump and / or sending unit are mounted through holes in the tank that may be on the side instead of on top. There's a rubber seal that gets clamped in there to keep the fuel from leaking out. There are a number of reason that seal might not seal perfectly. That includes rust on the tank, the lock ring isn't fully seated, or the seal is cut or deteriorated. Most of the time simply removing the lock ring and reseating the seal takes care of it. Try to return to the mechanic who did the previous work. He deserves the chance to correct his mistake or see what else might be wrong.

There is also a rubber seal the filler tube goes through that could be not seated properly.

Be aware too that with steal gas tanks, rust can develop and the resulting pinhole leaks don't show up until the tank is removed and that rust is disturbed. In that case the mechanic only hastened the leak that was about to develop anyway. The fix for that is a new gas tank. That would not be my first suspect because your car isn't old enough to have a rusty tank. Also, most tanks today are made pf plastic.
+1
JENNJENN328
Thank you so much for responding fast!
You helped a lot. I was hoping I can drive it because I need to go to work tomorrow. Do I need to get the gas above half tank out or can I just burn that off? I want to be as safe as I can be with this because I have a 40mile drive home will I be fine with that long of a drive like this?
+1
Sorry for the delay. I was meeting with the fellow who is going to rebuild my house.

Normally the gas won't leak out real fast. If it's pouring out real fast, it's already down to half tank. Slow leaks usually evaporate as fast as it leaks. I'd avoid parking in a garage though until the leak is solved.
+1
JENNJENN328
Ok thank you so much you helped a lot.
I hope the rebuilding of your house goes good!
Thursday, January 17th, 2019 AT 6:42 PM (Merged)
GIFFORD85
  • 2003 FORD FOCUS
Car runs rough only when gas pedal not pressed where is the fuel pump and can it cause this problem
Try cleaning out the idle air control valve and also the EGR valve and see what happens
XENAGINA
  • 2005 FORD FOCUS
I was driving with the A/C on, the car started jerking and losing power. It shut off completely and would not turn over. We took it in and they replaced the #15 fuel pump fuse and the fuel pump. The car was running good, but when we had the A/C on again, the car shut down and blew the same fuse. When we run the car without the A/C it runs okay with just a little shuddering, but now we're scared to use the A/C. What else could be the problem since we already got the fuel pump replaced? They replaced the fuel filter as well.
M_H_RITZEL
There is a seperate fuse for the a/c have them check to see if they are crossed. When turning the a/c on it is drawing violtage through the fuel pump fuse. They can take and put a tester where the fuse goes and check the ampreage draw with the a/c on and check with it off. That will tell if the a/c is drawing from the same fuse.
AK49WINTER
  • 2005 FORD FOCUS
2005 Ford Focus 38000 miles

About every third time I start it it blows the fuel pump fuse and continues to do so until something resets which usually takes a few hours. I have already replaced the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump itself. Any suggestions to what it might be?
MERLIN2021
If you can give us the exact model and engine size we can investige. There are quite a few Focus models!
AK49WINTER
It's the SE ZX4 with a 2.0 that has dual overhead cams
MERLIN2021
Auto or manual transmission?
2.0L/2.3L ENGINE WITH MTX-75 - LONG CRANK/HARD START -2005 Ford Focus.
Page 1 of 1
2.0L/2.3L ENGINE WITH MTX-75 - LONG CRANK/HARD START
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Reference Number(s): 05-9-16, Date of Issue: May 16, 2005 FORD:2005 Focus
Related Ref Number(s): 05-9-16
ARTICLE BEGINNING
DESCRIPTION
LONG CRANK/HARD START - 2.0L AND 2.3L ENGINE WITH MTX-75 TRANSAXLE
ISSUE
Some 2005 Focus vehicles equipped with MTX-75 manual transaxles, may exhibit a long crank or hard start condition with no malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and no diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) present.
ACTION
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest level using WDS release B36.12 and higher or B37.3 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the B37 CD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www. Motorcraft. Com.
WARRANTY INFORMATION
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
WARRANTY INFORMATION
Operation 050916A 2005 Focus 2.0L/2.3L With MTX-75 Transmission Check For Diagnostic Trouble Codes And Reprogram Powertrain Control Module (Do Not Use With 12650D, 12650D84) Description
Time 0.4 Hr.
DEALER CODING Basic Part No. RECAL
Condition Code 04

8/15/2008
This may or may not be the problem, when the fuse blows is it during cranking or after it starts and is running?
AK49WINTER
It is an automatic transmission and it has happened while driving down the highway. That was the first time it happened, but every time after the fuse has blown on the crank