EVERYTIME I TURN MY A/C ON MY TRUCK THE RPM GOES UP AND DOWN IS IT THE THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR?

• Abel Talamantes
  • 2005 FORD F-150

The rpm goes up and down like it wants to die

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 12:35 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Most likely not. Look for any vacuum leaks first. If all ok, I would look at the iac motor. It may be bad.

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 12:58 AM
  • Abel Talamantes

Where exactly could I look for leaks sorry im not good with engines. Is it in the intake?

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 1:00 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Yes, along the intake manifold. You may need some help if you are not familiar with this operation

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 1:11 AM
  • Abel Talamantes

What would replacing the throttle position do?

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 1:14 AM
  • Mhpautos

First check to see if the A/C is cycling as fast as the speed variation, if it is only doing it in conjunction with the A/C on I doubt that it will be a faulty IAC.

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 1:37 AM
  • Salvadormendoza

This also hapen when u or I turn off my engine of 2002 f150 and turn on like hour later rpm needle goes up and down like for a 4 minutes look s like normal because I take the truck to cervise they never find enithing in my opinion this us nothing to worry about hope this help

Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 AT 6:52 PM
  • M_H_RITZEL

Sounds like the throttle body sensor, Under normal conditions when the engine is running each time the air conditioning kicks on there will be a drop in idle speed. This is caused by the extra strain on the engine. When the compressor shuts off then it should be normal. As far as the reving up, have found that the position sensor can make the truck do that.

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 2:31 PM
  • Abel Talamantes

So it isn't the throttle position sensor than? Or could it be the vacuum that's dirty because when I trurn the ac on and the Rpm goes up and Down. Then I step on it on park or neutral the truck dies.

Saturday, August 18th, 2012 AT 6:08 PM