2005 Dodge Neon Car dies at complete stop.

IDFK101
  • 2005 DODGE NEON
My car dies when its at a complete stop. It wont do it every time either its about 4/10 times itll just die at a stoplight and I put it in park and start it and it turns over just fine and I can drive until it has that problem again. Also it is spiratically turning my instrument cluster on the dash on and off. When that happens with the instruments my radio will lose power too ocasionally. I just got a new timing belt power steering belt and alternator belt. I also had a new wiring harness for my transmission installed. It isnt throwing any codes or error lights either.
Thursday, July 16th, 2015 AT 3:38 PM

Try cleaning throttle plate on both sides and iac hole with choke cleaner for stalling, then clean battery terminal ends
Thursday, July 16th, 2015 AT 3:58 PM
IDFK101
I cleaned both the iac valve and the throttle body plates and then replaced the tps sensor just for good measure. When I started it up I noticed this time that the intake hose on the throttle body is pinching itself shut when I start the car it has a little room for air but definitely not enough. Would that cause my problem? If so would I need a new throttle body itself or am I way off.
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 AT 9:25 AM
IDFK101
Also I read somewhere online that taking the whole throttle body out would make it way easier to clean however they said that attempting to open the throttle body with my hands instead of the gas pedal could mess up the computer is that true? I'm really lost on what to do here I was going to take it to a mechanic and see if he could redo the plugs and wires since I have no idea what that actually entails. But it seems like my hose doesn't have any leaks because its sucking air just something is preventing the air from getting through to the hose.
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 AT 9:28 AM
If the hose is sucking together that is not a good thing replace it first see how it runs. And no opening the throttle body by hand with key off doesn't hurt the puter. On a lot of these forums are people who just tried this or that and it worked so it entitles them to call themselves experts. Just like auto parts store people all they know is parts and not how to fix a car. If you see a reply from someone here and expert is not in a blue box they are just some body that thinks they know what is wrong.
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 AT 9:41 AM
IDFK101
IF the hose isn't the problem what do you think it could be?
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 AT 9:43 AM
IDFK101
I just removed the intake hose and there was oil in the other side of the hole (not throttle body) im currently cleaning the oil and dirt out can I use any choke cleaner or other sorts of product or should I just soak it all up and then replace the pcv valve? Do you think the new pcv and intake hose would fix it?
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 AT 11:34 AM
Thee is supposed to be oil in pcv hose so just replace both. But sounds like your hose was culprit and will cause problems.
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 AT 11:59 AM
IDFK101
Is there suppose to be oil on the other end of the throttle body hose? I dony know what that part is called but it had a bit of oil in that par.T the pcv hose itself I didnt really mess with other than taking it off the pcv valve
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 AT 12:05 PM
If it is the hose that leads to pcv it sucks oil vapors back into engine to be burned again. So it would have oil in that hose. If it's not pcv hose I need to know which hose it is. If it is prior to throttle body that will have oil in it as well if it leads to valve cover.
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 AT 1:50 PM
IDFK101
Its not the pcv hose its the air intake area. Wherever the air is going after it passes through the throttle body puter and through the intake hose. That area had dirt and oil in it so I replaced pcv valve and the intake hose its still pinching it shut the engine is pulling the air I just cant tell why the throttle body isnt opening during idle to give it air. Is the throttle body my problem?
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 AT 2:23 PM
If that hose leads to a valve cover don't worry about it it's a breather hose and will h ave oil. There is a thing on throttle body called the idle air control motor it controls idle. See pic. I have no further comments other than to have a pro look at this and diagnose your specific problem.
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 AT 3:24 PM