2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Trailblazer

HEATHERKERN
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
  • 207 MILES
It starts and runs fine. When I put it into gear it doesn't go anywhere. I can put it in drive and reverse and take my foot off the break, doesn't move. When I put it in gear and put my foot on the gas it still goes nowhere. It had 207,000 mile on it.
Sunday, December 28th, 2014 AT 3:24 PM

FREEMBA
Check the automatic transmission fluid level.
Check the linkage from the shifter to the transmission lever (on the transmission). To do this (with the engine off)
Set the park brake.
Have an assistant to hold the brake pedal and shift the lever from PARK to REVERSE and then to DRIVE, several times.
While this is going on you should look underneath the vehicle to see if the transmission shift lever is moving (it is located on the driver's side of the transmission - about 4-5 inches from where the engine and transmission bolt together).
Sunday, December 28th, 2014 AT 3:53 PM
HEATHERKERN
Did all that. My fluid is fine and it shifts.
Sunday, December 28th, 2014 AT 3:59 PM
HEATHERKERN
But it still doesn't go anywhere.
Sunday, December 28th, 2014 AT 4:01 PM
FREEMBA
Does the shifter feel more loose than normal?
If so, the small grommet in the end of the shifter cable gets brittle from the transmission heat and breaks apart. This is fairly common on these models. (But of course, each case is different).
If it is not shifter related then its likely an internal problem (such as a broken or disconnected link to the manual shift valve)
How was the transmission acting just before it started this problem?
Sunday, December 28th, 2014 AT 4:27 PM
HEATHERKERN
What had happened was, I was on my way home and the vehicle started chugging. So I took my foot off the gas. When I put my foot on the gas it wasn't doing anything. So I pulled over to the side of the road and stopped. When I stopped I lost all power. So I turned the key off and tried to turn it back on and nothing happened. Got it home, charged the battery and the it starts up and keeps running. When u put it in gear it won't go. Checked everything from fluids, fuses and wireing. Its all fine.
+1
Sunday, December 28th, 2014 AT 4:39 PM
FREEMBA
Is the "Service Engine" light on?
With the scenario you described there should be a computer code stored in memory. If so, that code will give us a great place to start tracking down this problem.
Sunday, December 28th, 2014 AT 5:13 PM
HEATHERKERN
No engine light
-1
Sunday, December 28th, 2014 AT 5:18 PM
FREEMBA
Does the shifter feel more loose than normal? (Do you feel it click into each gear range?)
-1
Monday, December 29th, 2014 AT 4:36 PM