Clicking noise in the climate control dash area

JESSIE5885
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
  • 110 MILES
I have the truck listed above it is the 2500 model (i saw your video you are good). I have a problem I have a clicking in the dash area
i took it to a dealership in the area he said it is okay he said just turn the radio on. I do not listen to the radio when driving (i had a towing company until a got sick in 2010 lost it. I am not working and cannot). I try to do my self if I can. Do you think it sounds like the actuator blend door? How many are there? Thank you.
Sunday, November 16th, 2014 AT 7:04 AM

SATURNTECH9
If you change the temperature settings does the noise change? Also, do you have two temperature setting for dual temp control for each side? Let me know and we can go from there.
Sunday, November 16th, 2014 AT 7:09 AM
JESSIE5885
It was doing it just in A/C [and yes I have dual controls ]. I turn it up halfway and it will stop, but now it is doing it all the time. I thought it was the controls and I replaced it still the same.
Sunday, November 16th, 2014 AT 7:37 AM
SATURNTECH9
So which temperature control were you turning up half way the drivers or passengers side and the noise would stop? If you have two temperature controls then you have two blend door actuators.
Sunday, November 16th, 2014 AT 7:41 AM
JESSIE5885
I will check it and I will get back to you. I did not know that [ I was doing it at the same time both of them] I will check it and get back to you. Thanks
Sunday, November 16th, 2014 AT 7:49 AM
SATURNTECH9
Yeah it takes two one for each side to control each sides temperature. Let me know so I can get you the correct information. They are usually not too bad to replace.
Sunday, November 16th, 2014 AT 7:53 AM
JESSIE5885
Okay, I will check it out. The left side is clicking, and I have five speed for fan the high [5] is not working and I will work in about eight to ten minutes it will come on. Sorry I was late getting back to you. Thanks
Monday, November 17th, 2014 AT 7:13 PM
SATURNTECH9
I posted a diagram of the panel you must remove and the screw locations. Also I posted the re-calibration of the new actuator. Please read before changing it. Let me know how it goes.
Tuesday, November 18th, 2014 AT 6:57 PM
JESSIE5885
Sorry going back to you I have been down. I disconnect the actuator at the bottom the one in the middle by the hump on the floor. It is still ticking. Is there a second one if so where is it located? I hear it. Can you help me find it? Thank you, Jim
Thursday, February 5th, 2015 AT 8:43 AM
SATURNTECH9
You said the driver's temperature control adjusting that stopped the clicking? If so what is the problem you cannot find the driver's side temperature door actuator? There is only one for each side for the temperature control.
Thursday, February 5th, 2015 AT 5:22 PM
JESSIE5885
Thank you. Install actuator, and I had to install fan switch I had speed 1, 2, 3, 4
not 5 and so far no clicking. Thanks again. If I need you how do I get I touch with you?

Thank you,
Jim
Wednesday, February 11th, 2015 AT 4:42 PM
SATURNTECH9
If it is a question for your truck you can ask it on this question and I will get an email alert you posted a reply.
Wednesday, February 11th, 2015 AT 7:17 PM
JESSIE5885
All fixed thank you.
Wednesday, February 11th, 2015 AT 8:16 PM
SATURNTECH9
You are welcome, anytime.
Thursday, February 12th, 2015 AT 8:39 PM
JESSIE5885
It is me again. When is a good time to change fluid in my transmission [service transmission new fluid ]. So do I change the filter too? How often for this?

Thank you
Friday, February 13th, 2015 AT 4:21 PM
SATURNTECH9
Sorry just got a email alert. You change the fluid and filter every fifty thousand miles.
Saturday, March 7th, 2015 AT 9:37 PM
JESSIE5885
Thank you.
Sunday, March 8th, 2015 AT 6:55 AM
SATURNTECH9
You are welcome.
Sunday, March 8th, 2015 AT 7:42 AM