WHY WOULD GAS BE COMING FROM THE THROTTLE HOUSING THAT CONNECTS TO THE AIR FILTER HOUSING?

2005 Chevrolet Impala

impman23

November, 7, 2011 AT 6:46 PM

I took my 2005 chevy impala in to find out why the check engine light was on and I was givin a p0300 code multiple mis-fire. My car rides terrible on take off and I have to press down on the gas to start it. While driving I have to put it in nuetral when I come to a stop to keep it from shutting off. So I decided to check the injectors and once I lifted the plate up gas poured from the housing could that be a bad pressure regulator or bad fuel injectors. Can you please shed some light on this matter for me. Respectfully eddie murry

Jacobandnickolas

November, 7, 2011 AT 6:49 PM

Eddie, what plate did you lift? Also, have you checked fuel pump pressure as well as the regulator?

impman23

November, 7, 2011 AT 7:22 PM

I lifted the plate that covers the fuel rail. It's connected to the throttle that has a black rubber piece that connects to the air filter. And no I havent't checked the pump pressure. How can I check the pump pressure and the regulator?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 7, 2011 AT 8:12 PM

Check pressure. Go to our homepage under the DIY section for directions. There are detailed directions and a video.

Air Filter Replacement Scion XD
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Corolla
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue 2002-2007
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Ford Explorer
Air Filter Replacement Ford Taurus