CHEVY CHANGING THE AIR FILTER IN A 3.4L V-6 IMP

2005 Chevrolet Impala

eddiec1957

March, 28, 2009 AT 6:33 PM

2005 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 69,500 miles

I can't seem to open the air filter box of my 2005 Impala 3.4 V6 wide enough to get the air filter out. Is there some special tool I need, or the hands of a sumo wrestler? Is there some tip you can give me?

I have consulted the owners manual and it doesn't help.

Thanks!

renaudTN

March, 31, 2009 AT 1:58 PM

No there's no special tool. You have 4 bolts if I recall right. Unbolt them, then loosen the air duct from the box and take it off and you should be able to open the box right up.

'edit': My bad, there are no bolt on this air filter box. (I got mixed up with a completely different model). Anyhow, it's probably easier to open the box if you remove the air duct first. It's held in place by two clamps (one on each extremity of the duct). Loosen these clamps with a screwdriver or a wrench, and slide the duct off. Then you'll be able to open the air filter box.

firemist

July, 25, 2010 AT 6:05 PM

My 2004 with the same problem. No bolts, just two clips at the top. I can't see anything at the bottom

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe