MY CAR SMELLED LIKE GASOLINE WHEN I STARTED IT ...

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

toriecooper

January, 28, 2013 AT 3:33 AM

My car smelled like gasoline when I started it today (after a light snow) and continued to smell like gas for another 5-10 minutes. Then, after 30 minutes of driving, the entire car shuddered and made a grinding, kind of growling noise. This happened 3 times before I reached my destination. What is wrong with my car?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 28, 2013 AT 3:44 AM

If you smell gas, you need to check for leaks. Any fuel leak can be dangerous. As far as the noise, could you tell aprox where it was coming from?

toriecooper

January, 28, 2013 AT 3:46 AM

It felt like under the car. I could feel it shudder on the brake pad. I am really new with cars and do not know much about them. I am not sure at all.

Jacobandnickolas

January, 28, 2013 AT 3:51 AM

That makes it really hard to try to answer. Before doing anything, check the fuel lines from the fuel tank to the engine and then the all fuel lines on the engine. Also, check to make sure none of the fuel injectors are leaking.

I wish I had an easier answer, but that is where I would recommend you start. Let me know if you have specific questions.

toriecooper

January, 28, 2013 AT 3:58 AM

Thank you! I really appreciate this.

Jacobandnickolas

January, 28, 2013 AT 4:08 AM

Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement