I RECENTLY INSTALLED BOTH FRONT CV JOINTS ON MY ...

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

elvisthepelvis

March, 8, 2013 AT 3:28 AM

I recently installed both front cv joints on my 2005 aveo. The old ones were ok but original. The old ones came out easy and the new ones went in easy. I did tap on the spindle ends twice with a block of wood and mallet. I dont know the torque but I did but the spindle nut on tight. The problem is that from 20 to 30 mph theres a vibration / voom noise I hear and feel through the floor board. After 30 mph the noise goes away. Ive put 200 miles on it and the noise / voom never went away. It makes no noise in turns or anything like that. All is tight. Is there a "break-in time"? Or was it wrong to smack the ends with a mallet to mate the xmsn / cv hubs properly? Is the spindle nut too tight? Did I do something wrong? Thanks in advance!

mhpautos

March, 8, 2013 AT 10:51 AM

Were they the correct shafts? No problem hitting with hammer and block of wood, make sure that the end nut is tight, and did they have new snap rings on the inner spline, check for any slop in the splines, check for any loose components that you removed to fit shafts.

Replace Tie Rod End
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars