HEATER CORE REPLACEMENT
1. Raise the hood.
CAUTION: Refer to Battery Disconnect Caution in Service Precautions.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Remove the instrument panel assembly from the vehicle.
4. Remove the heater/air distribution case from the vehicle.
5. Remove the linkage screw from the lower heater core cover post.
6. Remove the linkage lever. Note the position of all the levers to facilitate reassembly.
NOTE: Handle the case carefully to avoid damaging the linkage levers.
7. Remove the screws that secure the heater core cover.
8. Slowly separate the lower heater core cover from the rest of the assembly. Retain the sealant.
9. Remove the screw and the bracket clamp that secure the heater core lines to the case.
10. Remove the spring clamp that secures the heater core body to the case.
11. Remove the heater core from the case.
1. Install the heater core into the case.
2. Secure the heater core lines to the case with the retaining bracket clamp and the screw.
3. Install the heater core body with the retaining spring clamp.
4. Reapply the sealant to the heater core cover mounting channel flange as removed.
5. Install the heater core cover.
6. Install the retaining screws.
7. Install the linkage lever onto the cover post with the screw.
8. Confirm proper operation of the actuating levers for the heater/air distribution case doors.
9. Install the heater/air distribution case.
10. Install the instrument panel assembly.
11. Fill the cooling system.
12. Connect the negative battery cable.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Friday, November 12th, 2010 AT 11:47 PM