Duct vent problem

MIKE HEDRICK
  • 2005 CADILLAC STS
I have an 05 cadillac sts w/ a 3.6L. My driver side duct vents only blow out cold air. My passenger side and rear work great. What could it be?
Friday, November 26th, 2010 AT 4:45 AM

Check the blend air door. Let me know what you find.

Friday, November 26th, 2010 AT 6:19 AM
You need to open it up and investigate-the door/s, vacuum, actuator to each doors and also the HVAC control module which is the heart of the HVAC
+2
Friday, November 26th, 2010 AT 6:21 AM
MIKE HEDRICK
Where would I locate the blend air door? And how hard is it to get to?
+3
Sunday, November 28th, 2010 AT 5:45 AM
KHLOW2008
Question
Asked on November 28, 2010

2005 Cadillac STS with 104,560 miles
6 cyl Automatic 2 Wheel Drive

2005 Cadillac STS reply
where would I find the doors on this model and how hard are they to get to? To refresh I have 05 cadi-sts w/ the 3.6L and only the driver's side blows out cold air in all the duct vents, defrost, floor, and dash vents. Rear and passenger side are fine.

Asked by Mike Hedrick
+4
Sunday, November 28th, 2010 AT 8:00 AM
RBURNER
Very interested to find out your solution, I have the exact same problem on driver side (no heat), all other locations work fine.
+1
Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 1:28 AM
KHLOW2008
System is equipped with self diagnostics and trouble codes cna be retrieved if a scan tool is plugged in. Scan tool must be able to read B codes.

The symptoms are usually due to a faulty LH air temperature actuator.

Check the actuator and linkages for proper operations.
Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 12:30 PM
MIKE HEDRICK
Thank you, I will plug my scan tool into it at work and see what it says
Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 2:48 PM
VINNYJR83
Please respond with how you fixed this issue! I have been chasing this issue since last winter and its haunting me again! I have a 2005 v-8 STS and tonight I have taken my radio out and watched through the vents that both sides open and close based on my settings changed for hot or cold and left and right and up to defrost and down to floor. So the upper controls are functioning as they should. So now I ask is there a Blend actuator? Where would it be located and is it something accessible to check functionality?
Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 4:23 AM
KHLOW2008
My reply to post has the diagnostics and diagrams. Go through them and see what is not working correctly.
Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 11:39 AM
MIKE HEDRICK
I hooked up my scan tool. And nothing came about for throwing a code for anything. I called the dealership I bought it from and they're going to take a look at it for me.
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 5:26 AM
Let us know what you find.
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 5:31 PM
RUBIANINA
Same deal. I have a 2005 STS V8 - just had the valve cover gaskets replaced and now I do not have any heat on the drivers side dash and floor. I realize that there is no correlation to the repair, but very ironic. My local Cadillac dealer is going to charge me $110 to scan and reset the actuators - this is assuming they only need reset. If an actuator is faulty/bad, we are looking at a steep replace cost (through the dealer anyway).
-1
Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 AT 1:50 PM