HORRIBLE NOISE FROM THE POWER STEERING PUMP

2005 Cadillac CTS

Ajox32

July, 14, 2012 AT 7:16 PM

My steering on my 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 went out. Horrible noise from the PS Pump. I drove it without PS for a day (tough) then I bought a replacement pump but when I went to drain the reserv it was empty. Could the problem be my rack and pinion instead of my pump? Thank you

hmac300

July, 14, 2012 AT 7:21 PM

Having an empty pump means it leaked out someplace. You could have blown a hose going to the rack. You should also have oil drippingon bottom of car from it. Check around under hood and see what you can. Don't think the rack wold go because of the pump but you'll have ot find the leak then fill it up an dsee where it is after that

Ajox32

July, 14, 2012 AT 7:28 PM

Thank you very much. My concern is when it first happened I brought the level to full and bled it turning the wheel back and forth. It went back to stiff in 4 turns of the wheel. There is def a leak and Im going to go fill it up and try to find it. Thank you again! First time here, You guys are great! I'll keep you posted

Ajox32

July, 14, 2012 AT 7:57 PM

Filled it up and sprayed out on the passengers side above the steering rack. I now need to find out which hose I couldn't find it because it sprayed out to fast for me to see where it was coming from. Any idea where I can find a hose diagram for the power steering to rack system? I'll search the internet now. Thank again!

hmac300

July, 14, 2012 AT 10:33 PM

If it comes out fast it's probably the pressure line. The coolant& return lines will have clamps on them whereas the pressure one won't.

Ajox32

July, 14, 2012 AT 11:00 PM

Yes it was spraying out. I just ordered a pressure line so should have it fixed in a couple of days. Thank you again!

Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX