I NEED TO REPLACE NUMBER 2 FUEL INJECTOR

2005 Cadillac CTS

Anonymous

March, 8, 2013 AT 10:35 PM

I need to replace number 2 fuel injector. I've never done this before. I'm pretty much mechanically inclined. So I've got everything off except the fuel rail. I don't know how to relieve the fuel pressure, take off the fuel rail, and don't know how to even replace a fuel injector. From my understanding, once you get to the fuel rail, you've got electrical wires going to each injector and then the fuel rail itself. I'm really lost as to get this done. Please help.

hmac300

March, 9, 2013 AT 12:11 AM

I've attached a pic this is a 2.8l but if you have a 3.6l it will be similar. You need a special tool to disconect fuel line and put a rag around it so the fuel wont' spray all over, remove the bolts and harness you may have to push thewire clip on each injector to get h arness off. Then pull up on rail and injectors will come out with it. They will have clips that hold the injecotr in and lube new injector with light grease as to not damage o-ring. Then reassemble.

larhar

December, 19, 2015 AT 5:22 PM

How to replace fuel injector on a 2005 Cadillac cts

larhar

December, 19, 2015 AT 5:24 PM

How do I get to the fuel rail on a 2005 Cadillac cts

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe