OVER THE LAST 4 MONTHS I HAVE HAD TROUBLE ...

2004 Toyota Sequoia

Anonymous

February, 14, 2013 AT 2:39 PM

Over the last 4 months I have had trouble starting our 2004 Sequoia. We bought it used in 2009 and within 3 months had to have the starter replaced. Now when I try starting it, I will here just a click. I turn the key all the way to off and try again and it will start up right away with no problem. But I may have to do this multiple times before it will start. Other times it will start the first time right away. We to it to a local mechanic and the battery tested good and of course the problem never presented itself over 150-200 starts while there. I just can't imagine that good starters would go bad after only 4 or 5 years. Kind of expensive to keep replacing starters at $1000 a time.

hmac300

February, 14, 2013 AT 3:21 PM

Check battery first most auto parts do this for freethen check to see if starter is getting same power as battery. If it clicks have an assistant smack starter on body and if it starts the starter is bad. Rebuilt starters are as only good as the rebuilder.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe