LE WON'T START

2004 Saturn Sport Coupe

timbo3345

December, 12, 2010 AT 4:53 AM

My sister has a 2004 le that won't start. She recently took it to the dealer to replace the remote door transmitter. It has had problems since but has not been able to get it back to the dealer. I have read that there is a security feature that could be disabling the car. My brother before he was told about her taking it to the dealer decided to replace the fuel pump in the gas tank. That solved the problem for a day and would not start the next morning. Is there a way to reset something?

Tim

mhpautos

December, 12, 2010 AT 9:55 AM

Do you still have fuel pressure? Check for spark and injector pulse, check for any unresolved fault codes with a scan, start here.

saturntech9

December, 12, 2010 AT 3:52 PM

So does the remote you had replace lock and unlock the car?If so it's not a remote issue. When it doesn't start does the security light flash or stay on solid?If so there is a good chance you have a bad ignition switch really common on those car's all the way up to the last year they made the ion in 2007. If the security light comes on solid or flashing when it doesn't start then you will have to take it to a shop where they can read your body control module code's if you have a code B2960 and or a B3033 then you will have to replace the ignition switch.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement