2004 Saturn L300 stalling

CHRYSTYNAZ
  • 2004 SATURN L300
I was driving down the road accelerating. Made a pop sound then as I let off the gas it stalled. Restarts but stalls as soon as you release the gas. Starts up good. And will go if I keep engined revved. But when my foot comes off gas the car stalls out
Monday, August 19th, 2013 AT 6:56 PM

SATURNTECH9
Do you have any codes in the computer? Has the timing belt ever been changed?Does then engine run good and have plenty of power other then wanting to stall at idle?Is the check engine light on while its running?
Monday, August 19th, 2013 AT 7:03 PM
CHRYSTYNAZ
I dunno about codes. But no engine lights on when running. For the most part it runs very well. It has had the belt replaced and has had good maintenance upkeep. Everyonce in awhile it will shift hard sending it into saftey mode. I was told it most likely is the cadilac converter by a friend. I had it towed to my apartment
Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 AT 9:02 AM
SATURNTECH9
The hard shifting is most likely a bad line pressure control solenoid very common on that car have replaced time on that car. As far as the other if it didn't have plenty of power you could have a plugged cat.
Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 AT 10:44 AM
CHRYSTYNAZ
This morning I went to start my car just to see if it would stall. It stayed started for a few min and then stalled, however the engine light is now on. Everything has power and engine is not making any funny noises. It just keeps stalling
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 AT 8:49 AM
SATURNTECH9
We need to see what codes you have in the computer? Also when it stalls does it restart right away or do you have to wait before it will restart?Those cars also had issues with crankshaft position sensors.
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 AT 9:57 AM
CHRYSTYNAZ
When I unplug the air filter it doesn't stall. As soon as we plug it back in it stalls out
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 AT 12:55 PM
SATURNTECH9
So are you unplugging the mass air flow sensor on the air filter tube?Or unhooking the air filter tube going to the throttle body?
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 AT 1:32 PM
CHRYSTYNAZ
When I pop the hood the air filter is to the left in a casing. Has a plug there on top. I just unplugged that.
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 AT 8:54 PM
SATURNTECH9
That would be the mass air flow sensor. Get some mass air flow sensor cleaner remove the tube from around the mass air flow sensor. Then clean the sensor with the cleaner. See if it runs any better?I have replaced a lot of mass air flow sensors on those cars.
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 AT 9:58 PM