Car cuts out when driving

TRELOVER
  • 2002 SATURN L300

My 2002 Saturn L300 has been running fine. Out of nowhere the car keeps cutting off while im driving. Everytime I stop at a light it cuts off and the oil and battery light comes on. I took the car to the shop three weeks ago, got all my fluids changed and nothing helped.

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 3:17 PM

KHLOW2008

Seems the idle control is the cause of the stalling when accelerator is released.

I would suggest cleaning the throttle body and IAC to see if it helps.

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 3:35 PM
SATURNTECH9

The throttle body is the iac on that car its a throttle by wire. You can try cleaning the throttle body havent really run into alot of carboned up throttle plates since its always moving. Also when it dies does it start right back up?Also any codes in the computer?

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 4:29 PM
TRELOVER

It starts back up I have to cut it off and start it back up and it will drive for a few blocks and cut off again

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 4:52 PM
TRELOVER

I brought the car used it cut off once in the last month but last night it kept cutting off first time it kept cutting off

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 4:55 PM
SATURNTECH9

So you have to turn the key off before it will start?Also does the reduce performance light ever come on while driving?Have you had the computer scanned for codes yet?

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 4:55 PM
TRELOVER

Yes I have to turn the car off and turn it back on. I dont have any codes for the problem but my husband has a car md and said he will test it when he gets home from work. The reduce power light did not come on but the oil light and the battery light come on

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 8:08 PM
SATURNTECH9

Those lights come on when the car isnt running correct?If so thats normal. Let me know the exact code numbers not code descriptions if you have any.

Friday, March 9th, 2012 AT 8:27 PM
TRELOVER

The code reading is U2105

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 1:09 AM
TRELOVER

Called car md and they said something about the acm

+1
Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 1:11 AM
SATURNTECH9

Do you mean the ecm?That codes means the ecm lost commucations with the body control module or transmission control module. Most likely the body control module they have a really high failure rate on that car.I have replaced tons of them. Does the temp gauge fuel gauge power door locks keyless entry etc ever stop working?

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 5:04 AM
TRELOVER

No they all work

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 4:08 PM
TRELOVER

Is that expense to repair

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 4:09 PM
SATURNTECH9

If you get a body control module online there about 240 then you have to have the dealer install it. They have to be programed with the mileage calibration file etc.

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 4:33 PM
TRELOVER

If the transmission module needs to be replaced how much would that cost? Called pep boys and midas and they both said I need to take it to a saturn dealer. So I called a saturn dealer and they said that they need to test the car first so they couldnt give me a price for repair because they dont know what is not communicating

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 6:00 PM
SATURNTECH9

The cheapest place to buy the body control module is www. Parts. Com they are correct though they would have to diagnose it though. But most of the time with the code you have it has been a bad body control module.

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 7:11 PM
TRELOVER

Thank you for all your advice I will check that website out

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 7:42 PM
TRELOVER

What catogory does that part fall under I dont see it I typed in ecm nothing came up

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 7:50 PM
SATURNTECH9

You need to type in body control module.

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 9:52 PM