ROTATING SOUND

2004 Saturn Ion

Melissa123

June, 17, 2011 AT 12:56 AM

I own a 2004 Saturn Ion and I am aware that my alignment needs to be fixed, which is going to be done very shortly. However, when I drive I can hear almost like a spinning sound in the rear left of my car. It seems to be coming from right behind the drivers side by the rear tire. It sounds like something is rotating. Also, there is a slight chirping sound when I turn my car. What could this possibly be?

saturntech9

June, 17, 2011 AT 3:43 AM

As far as that rotating noise coming from rear left tire is that while just driving or while braking?If its just while driving then I would inspect the tire for being cupped or tire seperation. If that's good then I would see if the wheel bearing is going bad. You can jack the that tire up and place a jack stand to hold the weight of the car and the wheel off the ground then spin the tire as fast as you can. You can sometimes hear the bearing roar when there bad. If not put one hand on the coil spring spin the tire with the other hand and see if you can feel the bearing being bad in the coil spring. Can you hear that chirping sound if your turn the wheel and not moving?

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD