QUESTION ABOUT ACCELERATION PROBLEMS?

2004 Plymouth Acclaim

dtrooney87

August, 1, 2012 AT 9:11 PM

My car is a 1994 plymouth acclaim. My problem I am having is that when I am driving all of a sudden my car starts to slow down and feel like its going to stall (automatic transmisson) and I start pressing on the gas and literally have to push it completely down to the floor to get it to go again and I probably look like a crazy driver slowing down and accelerating suddenly and hard (jerking like). The check engine comes on periodically. I have put a lot of money into this car because I can not afford a new one right now. I have had a new alternator, belts, spark plugs, tune ups, I regularly get oil changes, I even have a new distributer, new fan, fixed the AC and the thing that turns my serpentine belt! I would like to know if someone could give me some input?

August, 1, 2012 AT 9:17 PM

Have fuel pressure checked but my bet is a bad cat converter

dtrooney87

August, 1, 2012 AT 11:34 PM

Thank you that really means a lot. : )

August, 2, 2012 AT 12:29 AM

Good luck

boo_and_pote

June, 26, 2013 AT 4:04 PM

Did you ever find the soulation to the problem for your acclaim im having the same problem would really help thanks

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Pump Pressure Test