WHEN I START THE CAR IT SHUTS DOWN

2004 Mitsubishi Magna

Jmatenga

December, 19, 2012 AT 7:11 AM

When I start the car it shuts down. The mechanic said it was an auto electrical problem. When it was scanned it showed no issues but they reset the codes to zero. It's been going fine but today after I put petrol in it just won't start. Could it be the fuel line? Has anyone experienced this. It had new battery & spark plugs in the last 6 months. Can I fix the fuel line?

December, 19, 2012 AT 10:37 AM

First thing you need to find why it is shutting down. Guessing is not going to solve the problem for you and can be costly and time consuming
Are you able to restart everytime?
Does feathering the throttle keep engine running?
When engine stalled, are the dash indicator lights showing?

Jmatenga

December, 20, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

Hi
It hasn't restarted since shutting down. Usually it kicks in after 10 minutes but this time it's not starting at all. Feathering the throttle does nothing. No lights flashing in the dash.

December, 20, 2012 AT 11:04 AM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Start with the basics. Check what is missing causing the non starting. Above link should be helpful.

Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Change
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma