2004 Mercury Sable electrical?

TMFATHFAN06
  • 2004 MERCURY SABLE
Back in December we had to replace the alternator and battery since then I've been getting a message on the dashboard "check charging system" and the battery light with it. It dings stays on a few seconds and goes off. It's gotten so annoying I've resorted to hitting the reset button several times which seems to make it stop for a while. The wiring for the battery and alternator have been checked, both the battery and alternator have both been tested. Even bench tested the alternator. It was mentioned to check a fusible link wire but none of us can seem to find one under the hood. Any help with this would be great. Thanks.
Friday, February 14th, 2014 AT 8:52 AM

Here is the diagram for the charging system for your car, the fuses are pointed out. Youmight check the connections at the pcm as well as alternator as they may not be connecting well enough.
+2
Friday, February 14th, 2014 AT 9:29 AM
DOUG CUTLER
Under the hood at the front is a fuse box. The end towards the middle of the car has a plastic door that says Maga Fuse. You should see a heavy yellow wire from the alt. And a red heavy wire from the batt. The fuse would be the studs that each wire attaches to.
Saturday, May 15th, 2021 AT 8:05 PM

Sponsored links