1

2004 Honda Civic

Anonymous

February, 11, 2013 AT 1:30 AM

1. My car seems to be lower in the front than the back, it also appears to tilt down toward the right side. I just had the lower control arm bushing, shocks and struts replaced. What is the normal distance from the street to the base of the car? (My measurements on a flat surface-L/F-9", R/F 8", R/BACK-10", L/BACK-11") Why is my temperature gauge going up and down? I just had the timing belt and water pump replaced.

February, 11, 2013 AT 2:37 AM

For the erratic temperature check the coolant level in radiator. There could be air trapped in system after the water pump replacement.

Measurements are taken from the wheel arch and from what you have described, the difference seems quite substantial.
Recheck the lower arm installation. When tightening the bushing bolts, the arms have to be loaded for them to be even. Loosen the bolts and retighten them with the wheels on the ground or use a jack to jack up each wheel as you loosen and retighten them.

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars