Touch screen issues

ADAMLELO
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD

I have a 2004 Honda Accord 24 E station wagon. The issue I have is that the touch screen does not operate. I cannot change vent settings, cannot do anything. All that is displayed is a green box with Japanese writing in it. How can this be fixed?

Saturday, September 1st, 2012 AT 3:23 AM

KHLOW2008

Check fuse # 30 (7.5 A) in underdash fuse/relay box.

Get a scan to check for trouble codes.

Saturday, September 1st, 2012 AT 10:30 AM
ADAMLELO

I have checked the fuses, and there are no fuses blown. With a scan tool connected, what do I look for

Sunday, September 2nd, 2012 AT 6:19 AM
KHLOW2008

Trouble codes. Check if you are able to communicate with the module and testings can be done with the scan tool, not a code reader.

Sunday, September 2nd, 2012 AT 12:07 PM
ADAMLELO

I have connected a scan tool and no trouble codes are present. But there are a few options that say "model not supported" when selected. Can the DVD player be bypassed? The reason I say that is because when I unplugged the DVD player the touch screen turns off. Could there be a fault there making the touch screen inoperative. Could that be an issue?

Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 AT 6:20 AM
KHLOW2008

Model not supported can either mean you have selected the wrong model or your scan tool is not compatible with the vehicle or does not have software the model listed.

Is your vehicle equipped with navagition system?
How many disc system is it?

Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 AT 12:08 PM
ADAMLELO

Yes it has navigation system. In dash 6 disc CD player.
I have attached a photo of the screen.

Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 AT 7:20 AM
KHLOW2008

The wordings is requesting you to test and confirm, so it means something is wrong.

Try the following to see if you can come up with anything.

STARTING THE SELF-DIAGNOSTIC FUNCTION (WITH NAVIGATION)

1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I) or ON (II).

2. Turn the audio unit off.

3. While holding down the upper part of both the "CH/DISK" and "SEEK/SKIP" bars at the same time, press the VOL/PWR knob.

4. "DIAG" will appear on the audio-HVAC subdisplay/clock to indicate you have entered the self-diagnostic mode.

5. By pressing a button while "DIAG" is displayed, the input will trigger a mode that is assigned to that switch.

AM/FM button
Entire LCD lighting mode: Turns on the entire LCD to show the presence or absence of an LCD failure.

CD/AUX or CD/SAT button
Entire LCD light-out mode: Turns off the entire LCD to show the presence or absence of an LCD failure.

SEEK SKIP bar ("RTRIF" "RTRIF"|)
Display IS-BUS communication verification status: Displays the verification of the communication between the climate control unit and Navigation-display (toggles between "nVd" and "AC" every 5 seconds).

SEEK SKIP bar (|"LTRIF" "LTRIF")
Display 12C-BUS communication verification status: Displays the verification of the communication among the display, the EEPROM, and the tuner (toggles between "DSP", "EEP" and "TnR" every 5 seconds).

6. The self-diagnostic function will end when the audio unit is turned off, or the ignition switch is turned off.

Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 AT 12:41 PM
ADAMLELO

Thanks for the info. I have done the self diagnostic and the only issue was AC bus faulty. NC was displayed on sub display. Would the next step be to check all connections to navigation unit and buttons around the touch screen?

Friday, September 7th, 2012 AT 11:10 PM
ADAMLELO

I was curious so I did the self diagnostic again after taking the car for a drive, Now everything checks ok.

Saturday, September 8th, 2012 AT 6:10 AM
KHLOW2008

Is the screen working working now?

Saturday, September 8th, 2012 AT 6:48 PM