The wordings is requesting you to test and confirm, so it means something is wrong.
Try the following to see if you can come up with anything.
STARTING THE SELF-DIAGNOSTIC FUNCTION (WITH NAVIGATION)
1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I) or ON (II).
2. Turn the audio unit off.
3. While holding down the upper part of both the "CH/DISK" and "SEEK/SKIP" bars at the same time, press the VOL/PWR knob.
4. "DIAG" will appear on the audio-HVAC subdisplay/clock to indicate you have entered the self-diagnostic mode.
5. By pressing a button while "DIAG" is displayed, the input will trigger a mode that is assigned to that switch.
Entire LCD lighting mode: Turns on the entire LCD to show the presence or absence of an LCD failure.
CD/AUX or CD/SAT button
Entire LCD light-out mode: Turns off the entire LCD to show the presence or absence of an LCD failure.
SEEK SKIP bar ("RTRIF" "RTRIF"|)
Display IS-BUS communication verification status: Displays the verification of the communication between the climate control unit and Navigation-display (toggles between "nVd" and "AC" every 5 seconds).
SEEK SKIP bar (|"LTRIF" "LTRIF")
Display 12C-BUS communication verification status: Displays the verification of the communication among the display, the EEPROM, and the tuner (toggles between "DSP", "EEP" and "TnR" every 5 seconds).
6. The self-diagnostic function will end when the audio unit is turned off, or the ignition switch is turned off.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 AT 12:41 PM