IM THINKING OF BUYING A 2004 SEBRING LXI WITH ...

2004 Chrysler Sebring

Anonymous

November, 23, 2012 AT 2:01 AM

I'm thinking of buying a 2004 Sebring LXI with 132000 miles. Are there things I should be checking before I purchase it.

Wiring Issue?

caradiodoc

November, 23, 2012 AT 2:26 AM

Chrysler is famous for building some really good engines. The 2.7L is not one of them.

As with any used car, ask to take it on a test drive, and to have it inspected at an independent repair shop. They will look at the brakes, and the suspension and steering systems. Many shops contract with used car dealers to perform their safety inspections and any needed repairs so they know what to look for. There's no point in having another inspection done by the same shop so find out where your car dealer takes his cars. An inspection is more important when buying from a private party. If they won't let you keep the car for the needed couple of hours, let them keep it and the problems they don't want you to know about.

Even with the best of inspections, they won't uncover intermittent electrical problems or other similar problems that haven't occurred yet. With all the computers on today's cars you can expect problems to pop up at any time. That should not be a reflection on the seller. Those unnecessary, complicated, unreliable computers is one reason I drive an '88 Grand Caravan and I let my newer vehicles sit.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Accord
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford