CHECK OIL AND ENGINE LIGHT

2004 Chrysler Sebring

cuocounico

April, 16, 2011 AT 1:23 AM

For starts, I have a 2004 Sebring Convertible 2.7.
About a month ago my check oil light came on because I had an oil leak in my gasket. It was repaired and about 2 weeks later my check oil light came on once more. I checked my oil and it was at the correct level yet the light remained on. After the passing of another week my engine shut off after I stopped at a stop sign. After it stopped the check oil light blinked on and off a couple times. After driving a bit, I then figured out that the engine will only shut off when I am going very slow or at a complete stop in drive. If the car is moving or sitting in park nothing happens. Because my car is my means of transportation to school I continued to drive but far less than before. And today while on my way home the check engine light came on.

Just an added notice, my oil levels are still in the preferred levels, I checked every passing day and I also just check.

Can someone please explain all these events.
I really need to get my car fixed as soon as possible.

April, 16, 2011 AT 1:26 AM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

Have the computer scanned for code/s-you have a problem within the engine management system that caused the CEL to turn on-This is your starting point of diagnosis,finding out what's going on.