ANTI ROLL BAR

2004 Chrysler Crossfire

thdba0

July, 13, 2011 AT 2:34 PM

I have a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe, one month short of 7 years old. The bracket connecting the anti roll bar (rear drivers side) to the car has badly rusted and broken away from the body of the car. Chrysler say their standard 7 year corrosion warranty does not cover this. I have had advice from local garages who consider the design to be very poor and will not quote to fix it due to complexity (removal of suspension, axle beam, fuel tank & welding metal panel to the car, fabricating a new bracket and welding that to the plate) and unwillingness to guarantee the work. Chrysler will (in conjuction with body shop) take the job, but it is expensive. Are there any other options, or do Chrysler have any obligation. Is this acceptable for a 7 year old car?

Docfixit

July, 13, 2011 AT 3:59 PM

Yes car has corrison problems usually it is strut attachment corrode off. Your not alone many complaints filed type in search for car +corrison will bring you to forum where you can file a complaint. Maybe can generate a class action suit

thdba0

July, 13, 2011 AT 4:25 PM

Forgot to attach picture and say that I am in England.

Thanks, will search as you suggest.

MhAl

October, 26, 2012 AT 3:54 AM

My 2004 Crossfire has no rust whatsoever, yet this bracket broke. The crossfireforum. Org also has three bracket failures. So far I have $2025 to remove the rear suspension, gas tank, exhaust and some interior to make the repair. The bracket cracked through one side and ripped from the panel on the other. I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see if I can stir up some action there. This certainly shows they did not design the bracket strong enough to carry the loads from the sway bar properly. One person on the form had a shop weld the bracket for $150.00. My concern with that solution is with the possibility that it will break again near the weld where the metal has been heated. Especially since this fix does not add any strength to the brackt that has proven to be too weak. I would prefer to find an engineered solution that would be more permanent. Any ideas?

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado