2004 Chevrolet Silverado Reduced Engine Power Code U0107

DANIELS16
  • 2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
At highway (55 and up) speeds the reduced engine power reading comes on and shuts down my power.I have to pull to the side of the road shut off the truck, wait 10 seconds, then it'll start back up normal. The U0107 code appears stating loss communication with throttle actuator control.I have replaced the wiring harness and throttle position sensor as I heard this may be the problem. I have also cleaned the throttle body. Neither seemed to work. What could this be?
Friday, April 18th, 2014 AT 9:35 AM

Tht is the throttle control module-gas pedal in laymens terms. Check battery for condition as this can cause it also do a load test. Tire stores auto parts do for free. Then see if terminal ends are corroded on gaspedal if you are in the winter climates. You shold also get it scanned first too to see if other codes are set as they may set this one. Finally check gas peadal to see if it is shorted out or not sending correct voltage to pcm.
-1
Friday, April 18th, 2014 AT 10:17 AM
DANIELS16
The only other code showing up is show loss of communication with electronic brake control module which I don't think should have to do with the throttle actuator control. And the terminals on the battery are clean
Friday, April 18th, 2014 AT 11:46 AM
Justbecause the terminals are clean doesn't mean the battery is any good. Also when was the belt replaced and tensioner if ever? Recommended 60k as it could be slipping causing low power hence your problem. If there are other codes they could part of your problem as well. If you don't wan tto do what I suggest I recommend reposting as I have no further comments
-1
Friday, April 18th, 2014 AT 12:30 PM
DANIELS16
I am not sure what's been replaced on it. I bought the truck 3 weeks ago and it didn't start occurring until the day after buying it. The day I bought it I drove it home (300miles) with no problem. Then it started happening the day after and I haven't been able to narrow it done. I will have the battery tested tomorrow though to check it's strength.
Friday, April 18th, 2014 AT 8:37 PM
2CARPROS MIKE
From Jacobandnickolas

U0107 can set if the battery voltage is low. Check to make sure that isn't an issue. Also.
It can also set if there is a short to B+ on the TAC module ground circuit. Check fuses for the circuits that are in the TAC module harness. Finally, this code can also be set if the TAC module ignition feed circuit is shorted to a B+ supply circuit. When the ignition switch is turned on, the TAC module is powered-up before the PCM. The code sets because no communication is detected by the TAC module from the PCM. You will need to check circuits for being shorted to a B+ supply.
+4
Thursday, April 24th, 2014 AT 6:27 PM