Fuel Smell and leak, Fuel pump fuel tank

PLAY0027
  • 2004 CHEVROLET MALIBU

2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx It has a strong smell of gas coming from rear, after searching I found a leak coming from one of the fuel lines coming from the fuel tank. I pushed together and it seated better and stopped leaking. Immediately after that a leak coming from around the fuel pump up on top of the fuel tank began. I dropped the fuel tank down far enough to get my hands on the fuel pump, I can feel fuel and here a tiny hiss. It feels like the leak is coming from a elbow ribbed piece connected to the fuel pump.

My question is what are the chances it is the fuel pump; or is it just another line not connected correctly, or damanged? What should I do to find the problem?

Friday, November 19th, 2010 AT 5:47 PM

MMPRINCE4000

You will have to drop tank and check connectors, wouldn't think it was the pump, there are some plastic and brazed lines that may be leaking.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, November 19th, 2010 AT 6:21 PM