FUEL SMELL AND LEAK, FUEL PUMP FUEL TANK

• play0027
  • 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
  • automatic

2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx It has a strong smell of gas coming from rear, after searching I found a leak coming from one of the fuel lines coming from the fuel tank. I pushed together and it seated better and stopped leaking. Immediately after that a leak coming from around the fuel pump up on top of the fuel tank began. I dropped the fuel tank down far enough to get my hands on the fuel pump, I can feel fuel and here a tiny hiss. It feels like the leak is coming from a elbow ribbed piece connected to the fuel pump.

My question is what are the chances it is the fuel pump; or is it just another line not connected correctly, or damanged? What should I do to find the problem?

Friday, November 19th, 2010 AT 5:47 PM

• mmprince4000

You will have to drop tank and check connectors, wouldn't think it was the pump, there are some plastic and brazed lines that may be leaking.

Friday, November 19th, 2010 AT 6:21 PM