I HAVE BEEN HAVING AN OVERHEATING ISSUE I HAVE ...

2004 Chevrolet Impala

shanecard

November, 25, 2012 AT 8:35 PM

I have been having an overheating issue, I have changed the thermostat and water pump and bled all the lines of air and the car still keeps on overheating and blows the liquid out of the overflow. I am stuck dont know what to do?

November, 25, 2012 AT 8:40 PM

Where applicable, maybe radiator cap, another possibility is combustion gases in the coolant. Have you visibly checked for coolant flow? Does the cooling fan work?

shanecard

November, 26, 2012 AT 12:41 AM

The fans kick on when its warm and ive actually seen the coolant flow from the over flow into the radiator. After driving for awhile its fine, then all of a sudden it will overheat and shoot the coolant out of the overflow cap. Ive bled all the lines. Just seems to all of a sudden just stop flowing? Im stumped!

shanecard

November, 26, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

Could it be a cracked head? Its just odd because there's none leaking outta the block or water in the oil also no sweet smell from the exhaust.

November, 26, 2012 AT 1:49 PM

I don't know if flushing the engine will help anything or not? Intermittent issues can be a pain to find.

Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler