04 WATER SLOSHING

2004 Chevrolet Impala

buckroe1

June, 9, 2011 AT 2:44 PM

I have a water sloshing sound. Assume low coolant levels. Should I fill radiator and overflow with coolant and then bleed air? How to purge air from coolant system on a 2004 Chevy Impala SS?

I have never had the coolant system flushed. Should I?

Docfixit

June, 9, 2011 AT 2:50 PM

As to flush YES should be on fourth flush. As for slosh AC being used? Sound coming from dash? Any wetness on pass. Side?

buckroe1

June, 9, 2011 AT 2:53 PM

No wetness inside the car at all. Air Conditioning is being used lately, as it has been hot. I can sit in the car and rev the engine and I can hear the slosh sound. Would the car tend to run warmer if the coolant is low?

Docfixit

June, 9, 2011 AT 3:12 PM

Should run warmer. Is coolant recovery low? If so add bleeder on thermostat housing open run warm. Afetr AC use can you see water driping from under car?

buckroe1

June, 9, 2011 AT 3:16 PM

Coolant overflow was low, so added Dex Cool. Can see some condensate, but if the drain was plugged where is it located so I can try to unblock? Also checked cabin filter area and didn't notice any water in that there.

Docfixit

June, 9, 2011 AT 4:14 PM

Drain not easy to get to best if on lift but jack up cenetr of bulkhead below rack and close to heat shield

buckroe1

June, 9, 2011 AT 4:18 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will take the car in for a good coolant flush and fill and go from there.

Docfixit

June, 9, 2011 AT 4:56 PM

Good idea Dexcool fairly nasty stufff when it gets old

Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD
Coolant Drain and Refill
Coolant Drain and Refill Acura MDX
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer