Below is the procedure for replacing the coils.
When replacing or even suspecting a bad ignition coil, we always replace the module as that is the primary reason for the coil failures. If you only do the coils, the module will either cause them to fail or the module itself will fail to try to make them work.
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Disconnect DIS electrical connectors.
3. Disconnect spark plug wires. (Note proper relationship of wires to coils).
4. Remove DIS assembly to block bolts (3).
5. Remove DIS assembly from engine.
1. Install DIS assembly to engine.
2. Install DIS assembly to block bolts (3). Torque to 20-30 N-m (15-22 lbs ft).
3. Connect spark plug wires to proper coils.
4. Connect DIS electrical connectors.
5. Connect negative battery cable.
Image (Click to make bigger)
Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 AT 2:25 PM