WHEEL HUB

2004 Acura RSX

chriskirloff

August, 22, 2012 AT 11:41 PM

I am trying to change a axle stud on a 2004 Acura rsx type s. I am trying to get the axle nut off but the whole hub is turning with it. Help please

caradiodoc

August, 23, 2012 AT 12:06 AM

Put the rotor back on and use the brakes or stick a screwdriver in one of the cooling slots.

caradiodoc

August, 23, 2012 AT 12:13 AM

Be aware you have a pressed-in bearing that WILL be destroyed if you remove the hub from the spindle. Most other manufacturers stopped using this design in the early '90s. You will also make the bearing noisy if you put the vehicle's weight on it without having the axle nut torqued to specs. The proper setting is very high and is critical.

You should not have to remove the hub to replace a wheel stud. Look for a spot where you can sneak the new stud in. Older Chryslers had a place marked that you could knock out to make a space just big enough for the job. Your car probably has something like that too.

August, 23, 2012 AT 5:30 AM

For this model and all Honda or Acura models you have to separate the hub or at least pull it out slightly.

For releasing the hub nut, reinstall the tire and lower vehicle. Loosen with the tires on ground.

caradiodoc

August, 23, 2012 AT 5:56 AM

A loose axle nut with the vehicle weight on the bearing will make it noisy.

August, 23, 2012 AT 6:03 AM

No, it would not because the bearing has to be loosened and impacted before it would go bad.

Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement
CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz