VW POLO 1

2003 Volkswagen Polo

Nales

November, 25, 2012 AT 9:58 PM

Vw polo 1.4 petrol will not start. Over the past 3 weeks my sons polo has been difficult to start. The engine turns over fine but it will not fire. To-day I removed each spark plug individually and checked for a spark. They all seemed ok. I also disconnected the fuel line and turned the ignition and the fuel seemed to pump through ok . One thing I have noticed is when turning the ignition to its first position, so as to activate the fuel pump, it takes quite a while for the pump to reach its pressure, about 8 seconds. Could this be the problem. Ps. He has owned the car for 8 months and it has not been touched since, yesterday when he drove home it was running perfectly smoothly, no misfiring or anything.

exovcds

November, 25, 2012 AT 10:08 PM

If you are getting spark at the plugs, check for fuel spraying from the injector(s). Place a noid light across the injector harness plug and
look for it to flash while cranking.

If you could still have a fuel pump / pressure problem, so you need to check actual pressure (flow alone does not mean much).

What is your engine code? I would need to look-up specifics.

Timing belt with stripped teeth will cause a no start where you get spark & fuel but no running engine.

It's always a good idea to scan for fault codes stored in the ECM.

Thomas

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement