Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 AT 3:40 PM
It is very cold here in AK right now. Yesterday was -28. I went out to warm up my car before I drove it, let it warm up about 15 minutes, then got in to pull away. Drove about 1/2 mile and the battery light came on, and a wave of very strong odor (like airplane glue type odor) came into the car and then it turned off and wouldn't start again. The lights and motor for windows and such were still working and strong. So don't think it was the battery. My question is what do you think it might be so that I can try to find the appropriate repair shop. Thank you.