MY TOYOTA YARIS 2003 SEMIAUTOMATIC HAS APPEARED...

2003 Toyota Yaris

binnynige

November, 18, 2012 AT 4:17 PM

Hi, my Toyota Yaris 2003 semi-automatic has appeared to have developed a fault, when I travel a short journey all of a sudden the nuetral light starts flashing and the car loses drive, also the red transmission light comes on, if I turn off the engine and start it again immediately I can drive it again until it changes up to 2nd gear and a few yards down the road the same thing happens again, no gears however if I leave the engine switched off for a short period (10 to 15 minutes) the problem seems to correct itself and the car drives fine once again, could you please give me some advice on this, I would be very grateful.

November, 18, 2012 AT 4:21 PM

An error has been detected by the transmission control system which then switches to "limp mode".
You need a scan to check for trouble codes and proceed with rectifications as per the result of the trouble codes present.

binnynige

November, 18, 2012 AT 4:30 PM

Thank you very much, you've been most helpful.

November, 18, 2012 AT 4:47 PM

You're welcome. Let us know the codes and we shall see what needs to be done.

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Automatic Transmission Service