MY TOYOTA YARIS 2003 SEMIAUTOMATIC HAS APPEARED...

• binnynige
  • 2003 Toyota Yaris

Hi, my Toyota Yaris 2003 semi-automatic has appeared to have developed a fault, when I travel a short journey all of a sudden the nuetral light starts flashing and the car loses drive, also the red transmission light comes on, if I turn off the engine and start it again immediately I can drive it again until it changes up to 2nd gear and a few yards down the road the same thing happens again, no gears however if I leave the engine switched off for a short period (10 to 15 minutes) the problem seems to correct itself and the car drives fine once again, could you please give me some advice on this, I would be very grateful.

Sunday, November 18th, 2012 AT 4:17 PM

• KHLow2008

An error has been detected by the transmission control system which then switches to "limp mode".
You need a scan to check for trouble codes and proceed with rectifications as per the result of the trouble codes present.

Sunday, November 18th, 2012 AT 4:21 PM
  • binnynige

Thank you very much, you've been most helpful.

Sunday, November 18th, 2012 AT 4:30 PM
  • KHLow2008

You're welcome. Let us know the codes and we shall see what needs to be done.

Sunday, November 18th, 2012 AT 4:47 PM