A/C controls are not working

DIEGOCA1
  • 2003 TOYOTA SEQUOIA
A/c controls are not working. Can not turn on a/c or do any action with a/c knobs
Sunday, February 10th, 2013 AT 9:55 PM

KHLOW2008
Have you checked the fuses?
-1
Monday, February 11th, 2013 AT 3:52 AM
DIEGOCA1
Fuses are good. I also checked voltage on the connector side. Everything checks out. It's just blank screen on the a/c controls. Does nothing. I don't know if its related to the coolant temp gauge not working as we'll.?
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 6:17 PM
KHLOW2008
More likely to be a faulty control panel.
+2
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 7:45 PM
DIEGOCA1
Faulty control panel? I have already replace integrated panel for it and it still doesn't work
Sunday, February 17th, 2013 AT 8:26 AM
KHLOW2008
Did you test the voltage going to the panel and its groud cuircuit?
Monday, February 18th, 2013 AT 12:35 AM
DIEGOCA1
Yes I have checked voltage between terminals acc and gnd of integration control and panel. The spec for voltage should be between 10-14 v and I'm getting 12 volts out of it. My apology khllow. I replaced the a/c amplifier that goes behind the panel. The integrated panel you speak of is it the whole piece? Why would I replace that?
Monday, February 18th, 2013 AT 2:08 PM
KHLOW2008
If the control panel is bad, how is it going to work if you don't replace it? You have power going to it and it is not working, what does that tell you?
Thursday, February 28th, 2013 AT 2:14 PM
TIM JEWETT
Was this issue resolved? I have a similar issue and am waiting on the control panel to arrive (with the electronics on it) hopefully this fixes it. I also have a coolant temp gauge that's not working. That's why I was hoping Diego had figured it out.
Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 4:26 PM
STEVE W.
Sadly sometimes we never hear back if the repair was completed or if it worked.
Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 10:56 PM
TIM JEWETT
I thought I would follow up on my progress. I received a second control panel yesterday and plugged it in hoping it would solve the problem, and it had the same issue. Lights and buttons for 4x4, hazard lights, clock, passenger seatbelt all work. However, A/C control did not. After checking some more fuses I was going to replace the control panel with the previous one. The car was running while I was doing this, and when I disconnected one of the connectors on the back of the panel the A/C control light came on and I was able to control the HVAC. Not only that, the temperature gauge began to work. Seems to confirm it's a wiring, perhaps grounding issue. Still have not traced it. Also, rear A/C control is not working still.
Friday, January 6th, 2017 AT 2:16 PM
STEVE W.
Would you please ask a new question with all the vehicle info. Include what the problem is and copy/paste the above post in. That will get more attention. Also include a picture of the control unit and the connectors with a shot of the one you unplugged if possible.
Thanks.
-1
Friday, January 6th, 2017 AT 2:31 PM
TIM JEWETT
Thank you! I have opened a new thread.
-2
Thursday, January 12th, 2017 AT 12:21 PM