ENGINE DOESN'T START

2003 Toyota Prado

maskcv

October, 15, 2011 AT 3:43 PM

The immobilizer doesn't recognize both keys after I parked the car, This problem happens randomly

The computer says everything is OK. Toyota local dealer cannot find any problem

mhpautos

October, 16, 2011 AT 12:16 AM

Proberbly a faulty key reader, has the dealer looked here as yet, they can do a re key code procedure, that should tell them something.

maskcv

October, 16, 2011 AT 10:55 AM

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that Toyota national dealer doesn't have the tools to do that. The reader seems to be working well because As soon I insert the key even with 95% of the body off, it recognizes. The problem happens always after I drive and then I stop it. Randomly it doesn't recognizes the key and I get the flashing light in the dashboard.

Sometimes I take the ground pin from battery and it works. But not always. Then I wait from 5 to 50 m and It works. I cannot keep living like this. Regards

mhpautos

October, 16, 2011 AT 10:58 AM

Any codes in the ecu? Where do you live?

maskcv

October, 17, 2011 AT 9:27 AM

I get error 43

I leave at Maputo, Mozambique
Toyota Maputo and Toyota Nelspruit, South Africa say that some Modules are not display on tests because my car was imported frm Japan.

mhpautos

October, 17, 2011 AT 9:39 AM

If your dealer does not have the gear to do this, I do not know what you can do, I do not think that this can be re programed with out factory equipment, a dealer should have this equipment, it is in the basic inventory for dealership level service equipment.

maskcv

October, 17, 2011 AT 10:07 AM

100% with you, but I will try to do it at Johannesburg if they confirm that they have the tool.
Regarding Toyota dealers around here: they say that they are not obliged to accept imported cars for assistance.
I took the battery off for 40 minutes, because I read that will reset the ECU.

mhpautos

October, 17, 2011 AT 10:10 AM

You really need a scanner to do a compleate code clear, but pulling the main ECU fuse will do it as well, let me know how you get on in Joberg.

maskcv

October, 17, 2011 AT 10:16 AM

What about the error 43?

mhpautos

October, 17, 2011 AT 10:59 AM

That is a start signal fault, it will be tied in with the key problem.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe