2003 Saturn Vue cranks but will not start

RREAMS
  • 2003 SATURN VUE
2003 Saturn VUE 4 cyl, 2.2L. Pulled engine to get to slave cylinder that needed to be replaced. Prior to pulling the engine husband marked all wires to make sure of proper placement when putting the engine back in. Replaced slave cylinder, belt, spark plugs, spark plug boots, changed oil in transmission and engine. Put engine back in hooked it all back up everything works but it won't start. Cranks but won't start. No power to the spark plug coil. Tested wires and computer on spark plug coil, 12v, they both work. Spark plug coil replaced still cranks but will not start. Replaced crankshaft sensor still cranks but will not start. Did passlock relearn did not work. Fuel is getting to where it needs to. Please help!
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 12:28 AM

RREAMS
Oh and no codes.
+1
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 12:48 AM
SATURNTECH9
You pulled the engine to replace the slave cylinder thats intresting I always remove the transmission to replace them. So is the security light on solid or flashing?Have you cheked every fuse to make sure there not blown and are getting power to them both sides of them?Also did you make sure all the 7mm bolts in the under hood fuse box are tight that hold the engine harness tight into the fuse box?Have you checked for codes yet?If so do you have any codes and what are the exact numbers?Have you checked for any wires that could have been pinched when bolting the engine and transmission back together again etc?
+1
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 12:50 AM
ASEMASTER6371
I would look at all the grounds. Make sure they are hooked up and secured. You said you did the pass lock re learn. Was that unsuccessful or you did it and succeeded but still wont start.

Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 12:52 AM
RREAMS
Everything is good on both responses. Transmission is connected to the engine, engine sits sideways it's a front wheel drive. Transmission is connected to the drive shaft which is why the whole unit had to be removed. No codes, all fuses checked and okay. All wiring double checked nothing pinched. All grounds are okay. All bolts are tight. The security light is not on.
-2
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 1:28 AM
SATURNTECH9
I know how everything sits I have taken out alot of those transmissions and the automatic ones too on those vues. Lets go back to basics do you have spark to all the plugs?What is your fuel pressure?Do you have injector pluse to all four injectors?Something went wrong if the engine ran before the engine was removed we just have to figure out where. Those bolts that hold the engine harness into the underhood fuse box is for sure tight all of them?Also all the connectors to the under hood fuse box are plugged in and the wires are tight?
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 1:56 AM
RREAMS
Per my husband, we do have power to the coil pack, but the coil pack is not sending sparks. He replaced the coil pack. Something else is preventing the coil pack from sending the sparks because the new one isn't working either. But there is power to the coil pack. Can't figure out what it is. We do not know what the fuel pressure is, he says it has fuel going to the engine. Yes all the bolts are tight. Just so you know my husband is a heavy equipment mechanic so he has experience with this type of work. But alas my poor car is not heavy equipment and there is a difference as you know. Just threw that out for informational purposes to let you know he is not a beginner at this. Thanks so much for your continued help.
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 2:09 AM
SATURNTECH9
So there is power to the pink wire to the coil?You think you have the correct fuel pressure but arent sure?You think the injectors all have injector pluse and is squirting fuel in the cylinders?
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 2:17 AM
RREAMS
Yes there is power to all the wires including the pink one. Per my husband he says yes there is fuel to the injectors, no he has not taken the fuel system apart to see if they are squirting.
+1
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 2:22 AM
RREAMS
I will also say when we crank it I can smell fuel strongly, don't know if that helps in any way.
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 2:24 AM
SATURNTECH9
I was just asking if the there was a injector pluse you would just plug in what is called a noid light where the injectors would crank the engine over and watch for a flash. Sounds like your getting fuel dont know how much. Lets go after the no spark I posted the trouble tree so he can check that out just skip thru the tech2 scan part and make the most of it. Let me know what you find.
+1
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 2:39 AM
RREAMS
We will do this tomorrow and I will get back with you. Will you be available?
-1
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 2:41 AM
RREAMS
Thanks for the help. Will get back with tomorrow.
-1
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 2:44 AM
SATURNTECH9
I will be available at different times in the morning some in the afternoon I check in here at different times keep me posted and we will figure something out.
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 2:48 AM