MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND THE CAR HAS NO ACCELERATION.. ANY IDEAS?

• saritabarrie
  • 2003 Saturn L200

Hello! My check engine light came on today when I started up the car and the dashboard lights were flickering and eventually went out completely. When I tried to accelerate, the car had very little acceleration. The RMP went up to 4 when I accelerated to 15mph.I just had work done on the car a couple days ago and paid over 1,000 ;(

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 AT 2:25 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Is it a stick or automatic, what work did you have done and what is the code?

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 AT 2:49 AM
  • saturntech9

Just to add to this one what was done for a 1000?Also does it start and run now?Sounds kind like the alternator stopped charging?

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 AT 7:36 AM
  • saritabarrie

Hi! It's an automatic. I had some break work done and there was a leak in the gas tank. It starts and runs, but when starting it feels as if it has a weak battery and not much power.

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 AT 10:37 PM
  • saturntech9

For the gas leak most likely they replaced your fuel pump module I have replaced a ton of them because the nipples where the lines come off crack and leak. As far as your current issue I would start by have the battery and alternator tested. Do you have a multimeter to do. Some testing?

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 AT 2:10 AM