MEGANE, ENGINE CRANKS BUT NOT DOESN'T START SOMETIMES

• Rizzardi
  • 2003 Renault Megane

My Megane does not start sometimes, the engine try to start, it cranks but doesn't start, does not matter if it is hot or cold, I've had to push the car to start, I can drive the car for 1, 2 days without problem and then it just does not star sometimes. TDC sensor and camshaft sensor has been replaced, the mechanic cannot find the problem, could anyone help me?

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 12:00 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

CHECK TO SEE IF IT IS MISSING SPARK OR FUEL WHEN IT DOESN'T START. ONE WILL BE MISSING AND THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHERE TO LOOK.

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 2:06 AM
  • rasmataz

Also refer to this walk thru link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 8:42 AM
  • Rizzardi

What is the easiest way to check for that? I've spent days in two garage and they could not find the problem.

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 8:43 AM
  • rasmataz

I suggest you check for a snapping blue spark and fuel pressure if its within specs as recommended earlier and report back your findings-this is basic stuffs they should be able to find out what's wrong

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 8:50 AM