OIL NOT GETTING TO ENGINE

2003 Pontiac Vibe

jwaclawski

December, 3, 2011 AT 6:59 PM

I had a accident recently the vibe was doing great before hand had bumper, hood, radiator, and A/C compressior replaced. Picked vibe up at shop oil light came on when I pulled out of the lot and the engine made a very strange noise. Vibe back in shop. Mechanic stated that the oil is not coming up into the engine, he doesnt know why. The vibe has been babied with synthedic oil its hole life have changed out the trans fluide 3 times all fluids are clear and clean. Why would this happen they are tring to say that its not accident related. I dont believe them could this have been caused by the repaires made to the vehicle and what would cause something like this to happen.

December, 3, 2011 AT 7:04 PM

There's no relationship on what was replaced

Oil pressure: Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge, if normal replace the oil pressure switch. If abnormal could mean oil pump and engine bearing

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Air Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006