REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

2003 Pontiac Grand Am

ski2fish

June, 6, 2014 AT 8:05 AM

The rear window defroster only clears a spot about the size of a silver dollar after about 15 minutes of use. I have checked and there is voltage to the grid. As I check the voltage across the grid, I have full voltage up to the ground terminal. I checked the voltage at the ground terminal and there is a drop in voltage of 2-3 volts. I checked the ground wire with an ohm meter and it is fine. If I check the resistence between the ground terminal on the defroster and the grid, I get a reading of about 120 with the meter on the 10k scale. I am assuming the is a problem with the ground tab's connection with the grid. Is there a way to fix this without replacing the window or the whole defroster grid?

Jacobandnickolas

June, 6, 2014 AT 9:20 AM

Chances are there are breaks in the grid itself. The only way I know of fixing it is replacement.

ski2fish

June, 6, 2014 AT 12:44 PM

There are no breaks in the grid

Jacobandnickolas

June, 6, 2014 AT 7:54 PM

If you drop 2 or 3 volts on the ground side, something is causing it to drop.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease