I AM CHANGING A DOOR WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO CHANGE A MANUAL TO ELECTRIC PLEASE

2003 Peugeot 807

Bill Annetts

November, 9, 2011 AT 10:36 AM

Can I change my electric doors for a manual one and if I do what do I need to do to make the electrics work on peugeot 807

DrCranknWrench

November, 19, 2011 AT 6:56 AM

It can be done, but it is a custom job. You will have to get a wiring harness and all the components in the door as well as the wring harness from motor and switches to the interior harness and fuse box. It is impossible to say without seeing an actual harness, what is there and what is not from the factory. A wring diagram will show what is needed, but you have no way of knowing if the connectors are there and you can just plug the harness in or if you will have to literally cut out and install the electrical harness needed or make one.
You might have to do some welding to the door for brackets and possibly a different window rail. There will be some drilling to mount the motor as well as possibly finding a way to use a slide hammer or body work hammer and hand anvil to contour the door if they are different to mount certain parts.

It will be a hard job no matter how much is or is not different from the manual configuration. However, time and persistence and anything can be done.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Window Switch Replacement and Test