OUR MERC C240 WILL NOT CRANK OVER AT ALL

2003 Mercedes Benz C240

Anonymous

April, 10, 2013 AT 2:58 PM

Our Merc C240 will not crank over at all. Battery is fine as everything else works, voltage tests fine and will not start with a jumper battery either.
It was running rough earlier so I put a scanner on it. It showed a Crank sensor code. I have a new sensor and I'll be installing it hopefully tonight, if I can get to it.
Question is, wouldn't the engine crank over at least, if it is just a crank position sensor problem?
If the sensor has failed completely, can that prevent the car from even turning over?

April, 10, 2013 AT 4:07 PM

Trouble codes does not necessarily mean the component is faulty. It is an indication of a fault in the circuit and can be due to wiring etc.

Generally cranking are not affected by faulty sensors but for your vehicle, starting signal is sent by the ME-SFI control unit and trouble codes might affect the cranking circuit.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz