Won't stay running

HARLEYMAN2010
  • 2003 KIA SORENTO
The car will start and run for 5 minutes and then dies. Code came up p0340 cam sensor changed it and it still won't stay running.
Friday, March 14th, 2014 AT 4:21 PM

It sounds like you have a dirty throttle bore and it needs to be serviced here is a guide top help you step by step.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/throttle-actuator-service

Please run down this guide and report back.

Saturday, March 15th, 2014 AT 6:57 AM
BOOPERIII
Thanks for this post I had this problem and followed the guide worked perfect! I love this site.
Thursday, May 30th, 2019 AT 8:20 PM
ALBOOTH79
  • 2003 KIA SORENTO
My car first died while sitting at a stoplight then wouldn't start back up, so I had it towed home, then we go out to look at it and it starts so I drove it then it did it again this time it died while I was driving down the highway. It wouldn't start back up right away but after letting it sit for about 20 minutes it started back up and I made it home.
Thursday, May 30th, 2019 AT 8:21 PM (Merged)
Check yoru fuel pressre and scan for codes first
ALBOOTH79
How/where do I check the fuel pressure? I have the gauges but can't find the place to hook it up to to check it.
You need an adapter which you probably don't have. An auto parts store may have it pic enclosed.
+1
PAULSMITH39642
  • 2003 KIA SORENTO
I have manual diesel sorento that for the last 6 years has performed flawlessly. However, last week the following happened 3 times in 1 trip.

I was towing my exhibition trailer (approx 2.3tonnes) and when I tried accelerate from a roundabout, junction or go up a steepish hill the engine would "feel" like it misfired, and would then die when I depressed the clutch. Turning off and restarting and all would be fine. After the second failure I noticed that the engine check light came on. After the third failure I completed the journey by ensuring that I did not put the engine under any undue strain (under 2000 rpm),

Once I reached the destination, I unhitched the trailer and use the car normally. I also noticed the following day that when I started the engine check light was out, and stayed out.

After completing the event, I towed back and deliberately avoided any strain, and had no failures and the engine check light did not illuminate.
KHLOW2008
Get a scan to retrieve the troubel codes to see what it says.
The fuel filter might require replacement.
PAULSMITH39642
The closed have been downloaded and are u0006 and u0010, both of which according to google suggest a cam sub issue.

I've managed to recreate the issue in normal drivi g bu heavily accelerating / revving the engine, and the check light seems to Rees after 12 hrs.

Hopefully I wont need to pay dealer rats to get to the bottom of this.

The car does do some offloading as I photograph wildlife and equine sports so go across fields and muddy tracks
KHLOW2008
This could be due to the oil quality and level. If oil change is due, replace it and ensure oil level is correct.