2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee wont stay running

TIMMYFLAX
  • 2003 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
Jeep was running fine last night. Never had an issue with it before, but have owned grand Cherokees before. I went to start the jeep this morning, would crank over, as if the battery was dead. I jumped the jeep with my wifes car, and after giving it a little gas, the jeep fired right up, however it would not stay running unless I was on the accelerator. I jumped it again from a friends truck, I kept on the accelerator for a minute or so at 1000RPM and had him disconnect the cables, and the jeep would stay running as long as I was on the accelerator, but if I let off it died. I have had alternator problems in the past with other vehicles, but never experienced this. I have been told that my battery may be junk which would make sense but would appreciate a second opinion. Any ideas?
Monday, November 18th, 2013 AT 8:50 AM

Check battery for condition including load test auto parts do for free if still does it then clean throttle plate on both sides with cholke cleaner as well as iac hole.
Monday, November 18th, 2013 AT 9:37 AM
KEN
Nice answer Hmac300, we have a new article that shows the throttle bore service step by step,

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/throttle-actuator-service

let me know if this helps :-)

, Ken
Monday, November 18th, 2013 AT 9:41 AM